A little bit to get to know US more
About The Forum
Family businesses are the beating heart and the backbone of the Middle Eastern and North African economy, employing more than 80% of the global workforce and contributing to more than 75% of each of their countries’ GDP. Indeed, family businesses are the primary line of defense against the media reports discussing the incoming threat of a global Middle Eastern economic crisis. For all those reasons, this event aims to bring together family businesses from all around the region to discuss issues of relevance to them such as sound corporate governance structures, challenges related to human resources, technology and entrepreneurship opportunities, family offices and wealth management, and different recipes for successful succession planning. Furthermore, the forum offers a platform to discuss opportunities for investments in the arising oil & gas sector and discusses challenges in the real estate sector and the role of family businesses in building sustainable cities.
The originality of this forum rests on its aim to be a platform for open discussion on different challenges encountered by family businesses and for sharing success stories of longest enduring and successful family businesses from around the Middle East and North Africa.
Most importantly, this forum aims to provide networking opportunities for family businesses from all around the MENA region to meet and discuss opportunities for collaboration and expansion. Arab family businesses are perhaps the most successful businesses around the world; the time has come to initiate collaboration, to embrace innovation, to sustain our success and to build our family legacy, together.
Who we are
Who we are:
961MANAGEMENT SARL is a multi-service management company specializing in custom-designed meetings, convention services, special events and corporate event planning. We prepare, manage and organize conferences, seminars, festivals, exhibitions and celebrations of all shapes and sizes in both the public and private sectors, on local and international levels.
Our founder has been organizing and managing corporate events all across the MENA region, from the Gulf to the Levant countries, hosting highly reputable business, finance, and government senior figures and profiles, all under one roof.
We have built our years of expertise by managing Federation conferences, roadshows, workshops, seminars, on-site trainings, gala dinners, awards ceremonies, board meetings, general assemblies, etc.
The experience we’ve acquired also lies in well-defined projects for public figures and all aspects of work with highly reputable regional and international institutions.
At the core of the 961MANAGEMENT, you will find a code of logistics management grown from an ingenious perspective on projects. Our dedicated event specialist team will turn into a workforce that will go the extra mile for our events. We engage and activate audiences through inspiring meetings and events. Combined with our comprehensive insights into the global trends, we look forward to welcoming you at the upcoming MENA Family Business Forum.
Participation in the “MENA Family Business Forum 2019” will ensure your company has a fast track to a forum where you meet other family businesses and consultants to share investors’ insights and best practices.
The aim of this forum is to bring together family businesses, consultants and experts from across the MENA region to discuss issues of major interest to them.
In addition, the forum aims to provide networking opportunity for family businesses across the Arab world to discuss opportunities for collaboration and to further foster and sustain family businesses’ success in the region. We offer integrated services that grant you the opportunity to extend your network and build true partnerships that stretch far beyond the day of the event, and involve our partners in an extensive marketing campaign to support your business message and capabilities throughout the MENA region.
Our partnership packages allow you to:
- Demonstrate thought leadership by sharing your insight into issues faced by the family business community through participation in our event panels and showcases
- Promote your brand in person, in print and online. We will boost your visibility by including your organization in all events’ promotional activities and onsite signage
- Educate the attending delegates, other event partners and the media of your key capabilities and services
- Increase your market share by taking advantage of networking introductions, meeting new customers, and reconnecting with your existing client base
- Gain a competitive advantage by aligning your brand with these strategic industry events
Please note that the program will be continuously updated.
Outlook on Family Businesses In The Mena Region: Current Status and Trends for the Future
Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Board of Directors:
- Board Effectiveness
- When and Why to Appoint Independent Directors
- Risk of Conflict and Means to Mitigate
- How to Strengthen Trust and Collaboration Between Family Members and Outsiders
- How to Aim for a Successful Corporate Governance?
- Role of the Board in Compliance
- Women on Board:
- Contributing to the Economic Goals of the Firm
- Contributing to Maintain Family Harmony
- How to Encourage the Active Presence of Women on Board?
- Current Legal Frameworks in the MENA Region and Opportunities for Improvement
Technology, Entrepreneurship and Family Business: Challenges and Opportunities
- Digital Transformation & Artificial Intelligence: How Current trends in Technology Can Help Family Businesses?
- How New Generation is Introducing New Technologies?
- Challenges and Opportunities for Innovation in Family-Led Businesses
- Cyber Challenges and Risks and how to Mitigate
- How to Sustain Entrepreneurship in the Family Business?
- Intrapreneurship Within Family Business
- Lessons Learnt
Succession Planning and Preserving the Dynasty Over Generations
- More than One Trillion USD that is expected to be transferred to the next generation in the coming
decade within the MENA region.
- Forced Versus Planned Succession
- Grooming the Successor: Building the Technical and Social Skills and Establishing Quality Relationships
- The Courage to Choose: Always the First Born?
- Post-Succession Scenario(s)
- Testimonials: Success Stories and Failures
Philanthropy and Future Interests
Protecting Future Interests through Social Responsibility and Philanthropy
- Trends in Philanthropy and the Case for Family Foundations
- Survival and CSR: Protecting current and long term Investments
- Social Development: The Role of the Real Estate Sector in Building Sustainable Cities
- Looking to the Future: Economic Development, New Generation Thinking (UN SDG Vision 2030)
- Responding to Environmental impacts and Growth in Renewable Energy
- Implementing Diversity and Inclusion
Family Offices and Wealth Management
- Family Office Phenomenon: Why is it Happening and How to Benefit from it?
- Strategy and Contingency Planning for Family Wealth
- Portfolio Management and New Asset Classes
- Consulting for Family Businesses
- Family Business and Advisory Firms
Click on the speaker’s name to read their full bio.
these Companies support us
Everything you need before we meet
HILTON BEIRUT METROPOLITAN PALACE
Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace
Experience the legendary Arabian hospitality at this prestigious hotel offering stylish accommodation, personalized service and advance facilities, all designed to guarantee a memorable stay.
A pedestrian bridge connects to Hilton Beirut Habtoor Grand, allowing guests convenient access to both hotels.
WHAT IS THE COST OF TAKING PART OF THIS EVENT?
IS THIS EVENT FOR ME?
This event is an opportunity for executives and managerial level employees involved in family businesses to benefit from the topics and case studies demonstrated at the “MENA Family Business Forum 2019” and to take part of a forum where you meet other family businesses throughout the MENA region and consultants to share insights and best practices.
WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT TO RECEIVE THE CONFIRMATION AFTER REGISTRATION?
Registrations are processed and then confirmed by email after you have completed the registration form.
You will receive a confirmation email of your registration with the number of your registration and further details related to this event.
If you do not receive this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your booking is in place.
DO I NEED TO REGISTER TO ATTEND?
Yes, please register as soon as you can to confirm your attendance and to guarantee your seat. Your registration will also allow us to send all the relevant pre-event communications to you and ensure your name will be included in our RSVP list.
Feel Free to contact us